shower nut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my shower has started to leak on the nut /nuts that attach the shower but only when the shower is turned on . It looks like there are three nut shaped things to grip but as I'm a novice I wouldn't know which ones to tighten up ! Or has something worn ? The shower has been ok for around nine or so years ..many thanks//www.diynot.com/network/spoonse/albums/19821

Sponsored Links
Pic not very clear but looks like a electric shower.
Looks like the leak is coming from higher up rather than the fitting.

Yes it could be a possibility. If it was leaking on the fitting would it leak all the time as opposed to only when the shower is on ?

Sponsored Links
yes useally.
just above the fitting is the solenoid coil that is what shuts the water off to the shower when not in use.
useally it the flow/stabiliser valve that leaks when in use and drips on to the solenoid coil and anything below that.

run the shower with cover off and watch for the leak.

I see what you mean , have looked at it before and does look like its coming down from above the fitting but its hard to see from where.

Is it time for a new shower do you think ?

Depends sometimes it's more economical to replace than repair.
What model is it looks like a triton ?

As said useally the flow/stabiliser valve that fail.

Thanks for your help. Yeah its a Triton Ivory 2 might think about a renewal like you say

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back