Shower or boiler fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira Excel which is just over a year old. Recently the water flow rate is very low and the temperature does not stay constant. I aware that my boiler (Ravenheat 820/20) is also on it's last legs and is due to be replaced because it only produces boiling hot water and the heat exchanger is clogged as a result. Would this be the reason behind the shower fault?

The left side of the shower body is hot, where the hot water comes in, but the water never gets above cold.

The boiler is due to be replaced in a few weeks but as this has only got worse yesterday I just want to make sure I haven't got to pay out for a shower repair as well.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The Excel has a safety feature to limit the hot water temperature - if the supply from your boiler is too hot then this might cause the feature to operate.

You can't correctly assess and diagnose the shower problem until the boiler is repaired or replaced.

Thanks Goldberg. This makes perfect sense as the water temparature is pretty much scalding at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back