Shower over bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am considering installing a shower (concealed or exposed thermostatic mixer) over an existing bath. It would be great if I could get some answers to the following.

1) Can I connect to the supply going to the bath taps or is an additional supply needed?

2) The wall to which the shower will be attached is a hollow prefabricated plasterboard wall (roughly 3" thick). I am concerned this wont be suitable. Any advice regarding the best way to fix/type of shower valve to use in this situation?

3) My other option is to get a mixer combined with the bath taps, however the thermostatic mixers of this type I have seen are big and ugly. Any recommendations?

Apologies in advance for any stupid questions.

Simon

Sponsored Links
Gravity fed. I'll probably look to get a Megaflo system if/when we add an extension to the house.

Sponsored Links
Gravity fed. I'll probably look to get a Megaflo system if/when we add an extension to the house.
May be worth getting this installed first since mucking about with pumps etc will just become a waste of money ( £300 to £400 to buy and install all the bits).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back