Installing shower/bath mixer onto a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install a shower/bath mixer onto a wall. As per photo below, I am planning on using a 90° wall plate elbow 15mm x ½, which will support the shower/bath mixer.

IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG

I am concerned about the weight of the shower/bath mixer, can those wall plates (fixed by 3 screws) handle a decent amount of weight?

The second query I have is regarding the installation:
- the pipes will need to be buried into the wall, is this acceptable to use 22mm pex pipes as a conduit for the 15mm copper pipes?
- shall the front of the wall plate be flush with the tiles or slightly recessed inside the wall?
- I could not find any Youtube videos/tutorial on the best way to install that my Chatsworth thermostatic shower/bath mixer, shall the wallplate normally be fixed on piece of wood and then onto the brick? Or can they be fixed straight into the brick? (any best practice advice would be appreciated)

Below is the photo of the wall which will be hosting the shower/mixer bath (I need to dig some channels for the pipes and made space for the wall plates inside the wall):

IMG_3297.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back