Shower pipes in stramit strawboard wall problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am fitting a shower and the cold pipe runs up a stramit strawboard wall the problem I have is that the thickness of the wall mean that by the time I have fitted two compression elbows to take the pipe into the shower unit It is sitting to proud of the wall.
The wall is quite thin and Im concerned about taking any more of it back as it is getting thin behind the pipe.
Would it be possible to use a flexi pipe with a compression fit on both ends this would allow me more space as the pipe fits inside the unit and the flexi would run round the unit and then down the back using less space and allowing me to fit the unit tight to the wall.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is a push-fit version.
Remember the shower shouldn't be held in by the pipes - contravenes water regs. Yes that condemns 60% or so of shower mixers...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info folks.
Had a look at the street elbow and I think that this will solve the problem.

Once again thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back