Shower power booster installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a dilemma. I have ordered a shower booster pump and the installation instructions state to install after the vent pipe but as you can see from the pic it looks as if the main hot water pipe from the top of the cylinder has been tee'd twice not including the tee with the vent pipe. I believe from looking it up that the tee's are correct in being installed before the vent but I'm not sure how to proceed with installing the booster pumps (https://showerpowerbooster.co.uk/)

The main white pipe on the left will be fine to have one installed because that's after the vent but not sure how to pump the other pipes, especially since they would be technically before the vent?

any help appreciated

airingcupboard.png

Sponsored Links
You need to install a flange onto the cylinder for best results, try to avoid taking the pump feed from the standard HW vented outlet on the cylinder, especially as that outlet supply pipe isn't rising.

What are the pump specs?

You need to install a flange onto the cylinder for best results, try to avoid taking the pump feed from the standard HW vented outlet on the cylinder, especially as that outlet supply pipe isn't rising.

What are the pump specs?
Hey, its this pump and the specs are here:
Screenshot 2023-08-21 113021.png

How many pumps are you intending to fit ?
You don't need a flange fitted with the sp booster . Other than the white pipe ,the other two hot water take offs are before the vent pipe and not suitable for fitting pumps to ,in my opinion.
You could send your pic to them and ask their tech people for advice. Alan Green would be the person to ask.

Sponsored Links
+1, no need for a flange if it's a power booster. Ideally it would go inline after the branched supply to the shower, certainly after the rising vent though.

so how would you then pump the other hot water take offs (the 22x22x15 tees), which service the showers in the house?

With the existing plumbing set up,I can't see how one pump could be fitted. If you could site the sp boosters Remotely from the cylinder ,(on the branch pipes further away ,possibly closer to the 2 showers)that may work. Try fitting one and see. Or ,as already said ,consult their technical dept ,who are quite helpful.

Will a 12 watt pump really give much of a boost, it quotes, typical 5LPM @ 3.2M head?

Will a 12 watt pump really give much of a boost, it quotes, typical 5LPM @ 3.2M head?
That I'm unsure about. I'm half tempted to get a salamander force ct30 and use an s flange in the top of the cylinder

I have fitted a few . It turns the performance of a very poor gravity fed shower into a reasonable one , akin to the performance of a 10kw electric shower. So not on a par With ,say a 3 bar pump.

That I'm unsure about. I'm half tempted to get a salamander force ct30 and use an s flange in the top of the cylinder
Sort of like this (no, my 3 year old didn't draw this). Just reroute in to the existing vent pipe from the top of the flange and then the out pipe from the pump back to where it all started so it should feed the whole house?

Attachments

• PXL_20230821_105559214~3.jpg
    PXL_20230821_105559214~3.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 75
Hate fitting pumps. Manufacturers want you fitting to their exact instructions. The customer doesn’t want to go to the extent of fitting flanges or new tanks with dedicated pipework for the pump.

When replacing a pump for a pump I tell the customer this and they always say well this one's lated 15 years or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back