Shower Power Booster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any experience with these?

They cost about £150 and reportedly a lot simpler to install than a normal shower pump.

Sponsored Links
They are simple to install and will boost the water flow ,but they are not as powerful as conventional pumps .

Presume you mean these things?

I have an automatic one on a kitchen tap hot feed.
Works well. In hindsight, I would have bought the double pack and boosted all the HW.
We have a fortic tank (cold and hot in one) in the loft which is not suitable for normal pumps.

Easy to install

Presume you mean these things?

I have an automatic one on a kitchen tap hot feed.
Works well. In hindsight, I would have bought the double pack and boosted all the HW.
We have a fortic tank (cold and hot in one) in the loft which is not suitable for normal pumps.

Easy to install
Where do you place it and what is it plugged into? Just above the outlet you're looking to boost or above the cylinder? Assume it's the former otherwise it would kick in for all outlets on that pipe.

Sponsored Links
Where do you place it and what is it plugged into? Just above the outlet you're looking to boost or above the cylinder? Assume it's the former otherwise it would kick in for all outlets on that pipe.

If you are only looking to boost one outlet, then it goes on the pipe going to that outlet.
If you want to boost all outlets, it goes on the cylinder output.

Plugged into normal wall socket. I have one under my sink for Washing machine, etc, so used that.
Depending on your layout, you may need to add another socket.

I doubt very much if you will get much of a boost with 12 watts, i have never seen a proper pump curve for this but I would think that it probably has a motor&pump efficiency of maybe around 33% giving a hydraulic power capibility of say 4 watts, not a lot, now, because power (watts) = (Head (meters) X flow (LPM)) /6.14, W = H*LPM/6.14, a gravity shower flowing 3LPM at a 2.5M head might give a flow rate of 5.12LPM with a available boost of 4.8M (to 7.3M), thats a 71% increase in flowrate in that context but thats only boosting say the hot, I know of somebody who did just boost the hot and had a PRV mains cold supply to the cold but unfortunately he never came back with any results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back