Shower pressure drop off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer shower off an open vented system, my shower is a Mira fino, I noticed that after running for a little while the pressure drops off a fair bit. If I lower the shower head to the floor I can hear the pressure starting to pick up, I does sound like it is clearing air from the system but not sure if that is correct, if I then put the shower head back on the rail, it will run ok for a while before the pressure then dropping off again, any ideas why this is?, the shower hose does lay on the shower tray, wondered whether I should have kept the mixer higher valve assy higher up the wall so the hose didn't lay on the floor, think air would get out easier then ?, am sure a booster pump would sort it out.

Sponsored Links
I did have this trouble once before but have been in the loft today and the float valve seems to be working ok. My shower head was 2ft above the mixer valve which was fully on and water was dribbling out, think i will need to open the mixer tomorrow and check filters, last time it was the lever that was worn and so wasn't fully opening the valve up, lver was plastic but was changed out for a metal one and been good since then, anyway if was lever it would be crap flow all the time, just don't know.

Sponsored Links
Took the shower head off which was an MX one, with the water fully on i moved the hose up and down with still good flow coming out of the hose, does this mean it is a crap shower head.

I fitted a new Mira hose and shower head and hey presto, good pressure again, shows how temperamental these things can be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back