shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been in our house for 2 yars now, and since fitting the shower we have never really been happy with it, when you turn it up to get a decen temp of water the low pressure always comes on

the shower is fed from the mains supply

can i fit a pump to up the pressure?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Short answer - no you are not permitted to fit a pump on the mains supply.

Assuming that you have an electric shower then I'd check what pressure and flow rate you have then check if it's working correctly

cheers for that

will look into it

if my shower was fed from the water tank would a pump be ok then?

possibly - but if you're looking to install a pump (now assuming you have a header tank and hot water cylinder), then you're possibly looking at a power shower to replace the electric one!

Don't know what you've got - cubicle or above bath?

Sponsored Links
yeah we have a hot water cylinder and a header tank in the loft and shower is in a cubicle

just been told by someone on another forum that a pump would make no difference to the problem ??

also after a bit more reading/searching found that a new pumped shower would be cheaper than a decent pump alone although i would still need to plumb it into the tank rather than the mains

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back