Shower problem - Repair Advice Needed Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All...
We have a Mira Essentials Shower Unit http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/mira-essentials/essentials-electric-shower-old.html
It's developed a fault. The water just trickles out and the 'low pressure' light comes on. This is intermittent, but becoming more frequent now.
It's also making a squealing type of noise when it's not behaving.
If you catch it in a good mood, it works fine.
Any idea what part/s are breaking down so i can replace them?
Can't really afford a new one at the moment :(
Thanks in advance
Andy

Sponsored Links
checked the inline filter where the mains pipe connects to the shower at the top.

Hi seco services
Thanks for the advice - We do live in a hard water area, do you think that scale may have built up?
Do i need to drain anything or can i just check it?

Thanks Again
Andy

you have to isolate the mains water/electric to the shower.
then disconnect and check the filter.

but be careful when disconnecting the pipe as it will still have water in so cover the electrics below it.

Sponsored Links
Just one more question before i tackle this (this weekend). I remember seeing a while back, some showers from the same manufacturer that simply replace the old type (all fittings/fixtures the same).
Can anyone confirm this and point me to where they are sold (just in case i completely screw the repair up ;)

Thanks
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back