Shower tray help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
Following advice on this forum I have bought a Mira Flight shower tray to be fitted on a chipboard floor. I have ordered a riser kit as I have to fit the waste above floor level. I have just looked at the tray and it is a low profile tray my fault as I wasn't specific. I can't envisage a problem changing the tray if I need to as I am not fussed aesthetically whether it's low profile or not and there about the same in cost. My questions are.

1. Looking for some pro advice, should I replace the tray for non low profile? the old waste into stacker pipe was 43mm polypipe. the distance of pipe from the shower tray to stack is less than two mtrs.

2. My chipboard flooring is very solid and the old tiles were fixed directly onto the chipboard no cracks or anything and a pig to remove incidentally the house is 11 years old and they are original tiles. I have looked however at 6mm no more ply which I am considering using. Could someone please advise if it would hurt to 'no more ply' all the bathroom floor and fix the shower tray onto it I am assuming you then tile just under the shower tray before the legs so the riser kit plinth sits on the tiles.
I don't want to remove the chipboard and replace with 12mm WPB I have read the Mira fitting instructions which suggest riser kits would generally be for solid floors I am just trying to find an easy to fit functional base and thought 6mm 'no more ply' would make for a more solid base.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back