Shower Problem - Water keeps running even though it is off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an electric shower (triton) and today the water has continued to run even though the shower is turned off. The pump is off so I presume it is a plumbing and not electrical problem

The water runs at a much slower flow than when it is on, but it is bit worrying as there is a fair bit coming out.

I have tried turning off the stop cock but it is still coming out...?

Any help as to how to stop this?

Thanks for any advice or help!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the flow control valve is stuck partially open.

Bit confused by your reference to the stop cock - I assume you mean your incoming water main.

If you have a pumped shower then this should be fed from your tank - try checking the supply pipework to see if you can locate an isolator

Thanks for the reply newboy - yes, sorry, meant the incoming water main. I tried turning it off again (tightly this time) and it eventually stopped running.

Flow control valve eh? Is this something I could sort out myself or should I give my plumber a ring? I opened up the electric shower unit and had a look inside, but wasn't sure what to tinker with. Thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back