Electric Shower Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Need some advice. I had to replace one of our 2 showers, which involved turning off the mains water supply to the showers (stop cock in loft).
All went well except the shower I was not working on has developed a fault when I put the mains water back on.
The shower will not stop running cold water even with the knob in the off position and the electric pull cord off !! The only way to stop it is to turn off supply in loft.
I suspect somethging has failed when I put the mains water back on. I have done some 'googling' and the solenoid seems to be what most are saying is the fault.

Can the solenoid be replaced or should I just replace the second shower as well, it is a Triton 'Biarritz II' 9.5 kw.
Advice welcome, can the solenoid be switched to the off position as I cant use either shower at moment because of this problem. [/u]

Sponsored Links
you'll have to fit a seperate isolation valve so you can turn the mains back on.

use a multi meter on the solenoid valve to check for resistance.

a new solenoid valve retail at about £28.00.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back