Triton Ivory II wont turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope you can help.

My Triton Ivory II shower keeps trickling water even when turned off at the mains. When the mains is on it flows more even when the shower is turned off.

I have looked at various posts on this subject - might it be the solenoid valve assembly or is it likely to be something else?

Also is it easy to disconnect the shower so that I can stop the water altogether?

Sponsored Links
solenoid valve is not closing fully.
just install an isolation valve in the pipework to the shower instead of removing it.

Thanks - my skills are not up to that and I was hoping to be able to shut off the water until my dad comes back from America in April - is that easy to do or will I have to bite the bullet and call a plumber?!! :oops:

Hi guys,

I know this thread is old but I've encountered a similar problem and the solution on this thread never really got completed... and I could really do with the help!

I've had an Triton Ivory II for about three years now. And this week my problem started.

When I turn the shower off (dial on front of shower) water continous trickles out of the head. There is no leaks inside the shower unit. the trickling is only coming out of the shower head.

If I turn off the shower pipe isolation valve in my loft, then the trickling stops.

So I've deduced that the problem is some wore valve in the shower unit, is this a component I can replace? I've looked in the shower unit and nothing looks damaged or worn.

Hope someone can help.
Many thanks
Karl

Sponsored Links
when you say trickles you mean you isolate the shower at the shower and pull cord and the water flow reduces but don't completly stop ?

Hi thanks for replying.

To answer your question: yes.

When I've finished showering. I turn the top dial on the shower to the off position. And the water usually stopped coming out of the shower head.

But now when I do this, the water flow reduces a lot. but it does not stop completely. and after 24 hours is still trickling out.
Turning off the pull cord does not make a difference. The only way I have managed to stop the water from fully coming out of the shower head is by closing the cold water pipe above my shower in the loft.

I hope that clarifies things.
thanks Karl

Thanks that's great!

Is there any possibility that it is just the solenoid coil? As you can purchase this piece seperately for half the price?

or is it better to be safe and just replace the valve part as well?

Thank you so much for your super fast advice!

solenoid coil useally shuts the flow or not at all.
in your case of reducing to a trickle the solenoid coil is shutting the diaphragm but the diaphragms faulty so letting a trickle past.
and as for a diyer it's easier to replace both parts and know the jobs done.

Excellent. I'll order the part, do the work and post back when complete!

Thanks again.

As a matter of interest, is there anything I might have done that caused the diaphragm to fail? or is this a common type of wear and tear thing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back