Shower Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My Triton Topaz T80i has recently developed a fault. The shower isn't heating the water up very much, regardless of the temperature setting. The Low Pressure indicator light is illuminated so I would assume there's a problem with the pressure of the water flow. The fault developed over night and there's no sign of leaking or any other problems. Could anyone suggest a possible cause and solution? And whether I should get a plumber in, or tackle it myself.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I've just suggested this as a possible solution to another similar post. Triton supply a plastic 'top hat' filter that fits inside the 15mm supply pipe that connects to the compression elbow on the shower.
Perhaps that(or the shower head), is blocked?
I would turn off water at main stopcock, disconnect the elbow and have a look.
If the pressure is that low then the heater would not be connected because it relies on the flow switch so I would expect the water to be cold.
Worth a look though.

Water pressure is variable. Just because you had adequate pressure yesterday, doesn't mean that it will be the same today. I wasted a lot of time and money attempting to "repair" our shower and then replacing it with a new one to no avail.

I still don't know what the cause was, but we definately have lower mains pressure now than we did a few years back. This drop of pressure also happened over night. Discussing it with the neighbours, turns out they have the same problem.

As far as the water authorities are concerned our water pressure is acceptable, so we have had to bite the bullet and modify our installations accordingly.

The problem is definitely localised in the one shower, as I have another identical shower in another bathroom which is working fine. A blockage in the "tophat" filter sounds like a good suggestion as the pressure sensor is hooked up to the bottom of it. Just waiting for the washing machine to finish and then I'm going in.

Thanks for th help all, and I'll let you know how it goes!

Sponsored Links
Disconnecting the elbow seems next to impossible without dismantling the shower (which I'm rather reluctant to do). There's absolutely no room to manouevre the filter out of position and it's absolutely solid even without the screws. I'm assuming the filter is pushed up inside the supply pipe? Also I can't get at the elbow joint to disconnect it and give me a bit of room.

Time to call the experts I fear! Any reccomendations for a good plumber in Edinburgh anyone? :p

I had the same problem and was advised to change the thermostat which worked out at nearly £25 :( . I found it more economical to spend £75 on a new Triton with a 2 yr guarantee.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back