Low Pressure on Triton Topaz T80i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have a Triton Topaz T80i shower. For the last few weeks, the Low Pressure LED has been coming on after using the shower for say 5 minutes. The Low Pressure LED would only go off if the temperature was turned down. Over the last couple of weeks, the problem has gotten worse and worse, ie. the temperature at which the shower could be used got lower and lower. Now, the Low Pressure LED is permanently on!

The water pressure does not appear to be the problem and the shower works perfectly well otherwise, i.e. a strong jet of lovely cold water.

Does anybody have any ideas? Heating element in the can? A diagram of the unit is attached below.

Also, can anyone tell me why the shower was plumed onto the hot water rather than the cold water? The hot water is provided by a combi. Is it common to plumb showers onto the hot water when heated by a combi? In my case, it seems completely impractical as you cannot set the temperature of the hot water on the combi, i.e. the shower is always burning hot if the boiler is on.

topazt80i.gif

Sponsored Links
Should NOT be installed to hot water but directly to mains

Was the name of the installer John Wayne??

Get this sorted but I think the shower made be kaput as the hot water from the boiler may have boiled it

Thanks for the reply.

I never use the shower with the hot water on, so overheating is not the problem. I've only recently moved into the house, so I can't say for sure whether or not JW was responsible - but it seems to have his hallmark! Very annoying having to turn the HW off every time you want a shower.

I know that the shower is kaput - I can tell that from the temperature of the ice-cold water. What I need to know is what part to replace. Any ideas?

Thanks.

For the price of these showers nowadays
you are probably better of replacing it all.

Sponsored Links
agreed any plumber will tell you these are disposable units and repair is rarely worth bothering about, that said however the technical desk at triton will listen to your problem diagnose it over the phone and sell you a replacement part.
I have no idea how it can be plumbed into the hot water supply from the combi and then come out cold at the shower though when your boiler is ok.

I have no idea how it can be plumbed into the hot water supply from the combi and then come out cold at the shower though when your boiler is ok.

As I said, I turn the boiler off whenever I am having a shower.

I guess that's topic closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back