Shower probs - advice please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new bathroom fitted and I will be asking my plumber but as it's the weekend I can't get hold of him sooooo can anyone here offer me any tips regarding my shower...

... basically its a exposed thermostatic rigid riser shower (made by bristan) but there is no way of controlling the flow sooo when i turn it on the cold water pressure seems much stronger than the hot water pressure resulting in a cold shower and a tray that fills up in a matter of about 15 - 20 seconds.

The cold water pressure is much higher with the bath taps too but as they are seperate there isnt the same problem of a cold bath!

Can the cold water pressure be reduced effectively or is that no possible... I really would welcome any input on this problem.

Many thanks,

Heidi

Sponsored Links
have you a pic of this shower or model number ?

sounds like you have the cold on mains and hot on gravity.
would work better on balanced pressures.
you can fit apressure reducing valve to the cold pipework, but would still work better run from the cws tank in loft.

Can the cold water pressure be reduced effectively or is that no possible... I really would welcome any input on this problem.

Many thanks,

Heidi

Fit a water tank in your loft and take a cold feed from this to your shower this will balance out the hot/cold pressures.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the ideas,

unfortunately the hot water is coming off a combi boiler and i don't really want to put a tank in the loft.

What is the device that can be fitted to reduce the cold water pressure in my bathroom (it's an upstairs bathroom so can it be fitted to the main cold supply heading upstairs?)

Maybe I should get a new shower - one that you can just adjust the flow on...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back