shower pump help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Mum has asked me to replace her faulty shower pump which has been playing up by not cutting in and has now stopped altogether.

I have got a photo of the label but cannot work out what the model is apart from the fact it is a Monsoon 3 bar twin, is that the model as I am worried there may be options on this pump like positive head or negative etc., or does the Monsoon 3 bar Twin pin it down to one model?

Also where would be the best place to get it at a good price, I live in Epsom Surrey, so any local place or Amazon, screwfix or similar etc?

Also I would like to stick with the push fit fittings used so does it come with what I need or do I have to select something model wise as looking online I see different pumps, some with threads and some ready to just take pipes into their incorporated push fit entry, hope I am making sense here?

Finally I showed the pictures to a plumber friend a while ago and he said it cannot have elbows out of the pump he said the metal slightly flexi hoses should all point straight up as it causes too much resistance or something like that, and may strain the pump which may have caused it to fail. He said I should fit them straight up not like they are at the moment with the 2 outlets through elbows and then fit some plastic pipe in a bow shape to connect from the metal flexi's to the existing copper (it is all 22 mm by the way), is what he says correct, does it make any difference?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back