Shower pump installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be installing a new bathroom suite and new shower,but due to the existing shower being not very powerful i intend to install a pump in to the system.
The pump would be sited next to my hot water cylinder and will be cold fed directly from the cistern in the loft,the hot fed from the hot water cylinder.
The one thing I would like to know is if I run the outlet pipes from the pump to the shower mixer back up in to the loft and then back down the wall to where the mixer will be positioned will this still give adequate flow to the shower.

Any suggestions :?:

Sponsored Links
the flow will be ok once the pump is running but its the gravity you need to the mixer to enable it to activate the flow switches.

the higher you raise the pipework to the cws the less flow under gravity you get.
so you may need to raise the cws to over come this. depending on your pump used.
useally about 600mm between base of tank and pipework

The distance I have at the moment from the cistern bottom to the shower head is about 1.1 meter.
At the moment the hot water supply to the mixer is teed off in 15mm from a 22mm pipe that runs from the cylinder up to the cws in the loft.
The tee off point is just below the cws,I thought this should be done at the cylinder with a S flange,would this be correct?

Sponsored Links
yes they have teed off the vent pipe. use a surrey flange or essex straight off the cylinder

Thanks for the info,do you think I will be ok with a cold water head of 1.1 meter as previously mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back