Shower Pump Pipe Routing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing a shower pump (Salamander RSP75) into a gravity fed CWS and vented Hot Cylinder system.

The CWS is in loft and cylinder is on floor below. Pump is on same floor as cylinder level with bottom of cylinder.

The cold feed to the pump is direct from loft tank down into the pump (in a cupboard below).

I'm using a warwix flange for the hot feed (as cylinder is a 3/4" thread!) and I would ideally like to run the hot feed pipes to the pump up into the loft, across and down into cupboard into pump, rather than rip up floorboards across the room (cylinder is in one cupboard, pump is in another).

Can I do this, or will there be some form of negative head created? The pipes from pump to mixer go straight up approx 1m through cupboard wall into mixer. Shower head is below CWS height also. Would i need an anti-gravity loop before pipes go up into loft?

All the diagrams i can find show pump in loft with pipes up there or pump level with cylinder and pipes under floor! - but nothing to say i cant feed hot through the loft! Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back