shower pump situation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a bit of advice please on putting in a Salamander CT55 shower pump (1.7 bar) on the hot supply to a shower mixer via a double check valve just under the mixer. (cold mains pressure 2.0 bar)

I had originally intended this to go under the bath, but it is too big! ditto under the floorboards in the bedroom. The only place left is in the airing cupboard which is downstairs but I have a couple fo concerns:

1. the hot water output from the vented cylinder is right at the top of the cylinder (of course). which is on a shelf ... so I would need nearly 2metres of 22mm down to the floor & 2 meters back up again. is this normal? acceptable? if not, how do I get round it?

2. the input to the pump is 15mm/1/2 inch - do I need to reduce the pipe width (in both directions) or can I get 22mm/1/2 inch flexi connectors? if so, do you know where from?

3. shortly after the pipe leaves the cylinder it meets a t connector. One branch of this goes off to the bathroom (& probably down to the kitchen afterwards - it is all a bit up & over), the other seems to go up to the loft - presumably to overflow into the header tank which is only 2 ft above the shower head - bearing in mind the resistance of the shower head, is this height difference sufficient to stop the pumped water going up the overflow pipe instead of to the shower? (swirl shower mixer from SF). (I cannot connect after the t connector because of the bedroom floorboard situation mentioned above)

thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back