Shower pump stopping/starting, poor pressure

Thanks for that. It does look to me that the Salamander pump I mentioned should be a swap-in for the Stuart Turner. I checked out the flow rate and it was OK (I spoke to a tech guy at Salamander). Just doing one last check of the pipework for blockages, as I don't want to buy a new pump only to find the problem was elsewhere...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well, new pump duly installed and all working very nicely. Similar flow to previous pump, and a little quieter, I would say. Only hairy moment was when the connection to one of the out pipes was leaking, which necessitated draining off the header tank again. I opened up the connection to find that the the washer I know I put in was somehow missing. I have no idea where it could have gone to. Managed to find another one which has done the job.

I hope the pump does not turn out to be as AGAS describes above. Certainly the reviews on the Screwfix website suggest otherwise, and it is an upgrade on the pump I had before.

Well, new pump duly installed and all working very nicely. Similar flow to previous pump, and a little quieter, I would say. Only hairy moment was when the connection to one of the out pipes was leaking, which necessitated draining off the header tank again. I opened up the connection to find that the the washer I know I put in was somehow missing. I have no idea where it could have gone to. Managed to find another one which has done the job.

I hope the pump does not turn out to be as AGAS describes above. Certainly the reviews on the Screwfix website suggest otherwise, and it is an upgrade on the pump I had before.
It cheap tat ;) reviews:ROFLMAO:

One last thing on this. The pump was already quieter than my previous one (which must have been at least 9 years old), but I've further quietened it by standing it on a little platform made of a bit of plywood bonded to 1" thick piece of closed cell foam. I only used the plywood cause I had a handy bit lying there but I imagine something like a thick tile would work even better. The foam prevents transmission of vibrations to the airing cupboard floor. Simple but effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back