Shower Pump - Upgrade to 22mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Was looking for some advice - I have a Stuart Turner 2bar shower pump which I find a bit noisey. At the moment I have 15mm pex plastic pipe on the inflow, is it worth upgrading to 22mm - does anyone think it would make much difference to the noise? In terms of power, the current setup is OK, perhaps not as powerful as I thought it would be but I am not too fussed about upgrading if the only difference would be better power at the shower.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
The installation guide says that pipe work MUST be in 22mm until the point of entry into the shower. Your 15mm plastic pipe will have an internal diameter of about 13mm so it is well undersized. Maybe, the pump is struggling to draw in the water through such a small bore? Does the pump have anti-vibration feet fitted and is pipe work secured etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back