shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I'm trying to see if it would be feasable to fit a pump for my thermostatic shower in my upstairs bathroom. (model is pump compatible)
I have a gravity fed system, CW tank in loft approximately 200 litres.
The feeds for the shower t off from the gravity fed cold and hot supplies which run to the downstairs bathroom. This t also supplies a basin & toilet in same upstairs bathroom.
The pressure for the shower isn't great, approx 1m from bottom of CW tank to shower head. I have reasonably easy access in the upstairs bathroom to the hot and cold gravity fed supplies both before and after the t .
My question is would this be ok to fit the pump here? I realise ideally there should be/ normally is a dedicated feed from the HW cylinder and from the CW tank in loft, however, this would involve a lot of work digging up floorboards and drilling through joists etc. and I do have easy access in the upstairs bathroom.
Would the pump start running even if it was fitted after the t for the upstairs bathroom if the downstairs taps were being used?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Graham.

Sponsored Links
Probably, but therein lies the problem of two outlets fighiting for the same supply. Best bet is to fit surrey flange to top of cylinder for hot water and bite the bullet to go for dedicated cold from tank.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for prompt response guys.
Realise what I'm suggesting isn't the most efficient solution but could really avoid the extra work and expense if possible, so if you could bear with another question along same route...

If the pressure is reduced to the downstairs bathroom when the pump is running is it significant enough to cause problems since there's only a mixer shower, toilet and basin there (if pump is set to a low pressure)?

Thanks again.

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back