shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 3bar twin impeller shower pump ( which would peel the skin off of your back ) recently expired (plastic components of impeller on one side fused together). I bought a Grunfoss 3bar to replace it but to my disappointment it doesn't have anything like the same power.
Any comments appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pressure is not the same as flow. You can have high pressure and high flow, high pressure and low flow, low pressure and high flow and low pressure and low flow.

It could be that your new pump, whilst being the same pressure rating, has a lower flow rate than your old one. Equally it could be that you have air in the pump, which would cause lower flow. Does it seem noisy?

Thanks for that. The pump seems a little noisey, to say it is a grunfoss pump, but i put that down it resting on ancient floorboards. Will try to bleed it further.
Have just checked manual, but can only see 'minimum starting flow rate' which is .5 lpm. Any ideas as to how i can find out what the flow rate is? Just to compound the problem, the pump which i took out was supplied by Hansgohe, but not made by them. Having called them i was told it was made by a company which has since gone to the wall ( not Stuart Turner). So unable to find out its flow rate!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back