Shower question

Thanks for your speedy response.
The CU doesn't look so old but the house is. We only bought it a couple of years ago. The CU is a Square D - not sure if this is the model number but it has BS 5486 Pt 13/12 on the front of it.
That's the BS for MCBs and CUs....

I'll take a photo of the CU. just in case that helps.
Hopefully someone can estimate it's age, but it's got RCBOs, so it isn't a museum piece. Try here for your nearest stockist, and ask them.

Sponsored Links
sguare d qoe
you can still get
The black ones are maybe 20 years old
The design has changed a few times
but the new ones fit
We get ours at w/f
Up to 40 amp I think you can get

Sponsored Links
bs 4293 30ma for some of the black ones,
There may have also been other versions.
The label is visible on the front of the device ONLY when the CU cover is safely removed

Thanks for the replies you guys.
You have lost me somewhat though :)
Think I might get the electrician to join the forum, think he talks the same language as you lot :D

Daisy

Think I might get the electrician to join the forum, think he talks the same language as you lot :D

Daisy
Just ask him to try wholesale/fittings or similar.
It looks like you have a 100 amp main switch , this will be written on the biggest black switch to the left ,you have spare ways also.

Get a 40 amp rcbo to fit the square D QOE board, this will fit your consumer unit, and let him work out the size of the shower you can then have.
You will be able to have more than 7 kw :( and maybe upto a 9kw :cool: even

PS :eek:
The tails to your meter LOOK like they may need uprating for the extra load of your shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back