Shower screen leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I noted that the shower screen leaks St the bottom between the metal swivel arm and the clear plastic seal

is it just that the plumber cut this poorly? Or even if I buy another seal would this problem still occur

red line shows direction

Attachments

• 476D7035-884E-4D8C-9C8C-0760C6DC7554.jpeg
    476D7035-884E-4D8C-9C8C-0760C6DC7554.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 1,670
  • D7132D61-91CA-455D-BE1C-B523B2FD5DD0.jpeg
    D7132D61-91CA-455D-BE1C-B523B2FD5DD0.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 570
Sponsored Links
could be that the seal has been fitted the wrong way round?
slide the seal out and clean & dry the seal and the slot - dont use any silicone on the seal.
reverse it as you slide it back in.
water test it to see if reversing it works?

with new installs it shouldn't be necessary to cut the seal at the post.

what else is happening with the something that seems to be fixed in front of the tray and enclosure door?

I had the same problem at the same point -- water leaking out between the end of the sealing strip and the hinge for the screen.

I went to one of the DIY sheds and bought a length of UPVc quadrant beading like the below and stuck it with silicone to the area where the screen would sit in the 'closed' position. I cut the end of it to match the rounded shape of the hinge so it could be pushed right up to it.

Water flows down the glass down the sealing strip and into the bath as it did before, but any water which tries to run back and go around the strip meets the beading. It looks quite smart.

s-l300.jpg

Its a common leak point especially with poorly designed panels.Should have been installed closer to the inner rim of the bath.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back