Shower screen problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had my bathroom done and it looks great, but one big problem - I jumped into the shower and had to lather up while holding the screen as it kept wandering outside the bath edge. It stays put when dry and looks level with the bath. Is it a manufacturing problem- has it been installed incorrectly, or do they always do this?

Thanks everybody :cry:

Sponsored Links
My guess its your weight (dont want to be personal, but) when you step in the shower you are deflecting the bath away from the screen. Probably the screen should have been position about 2mm lower, it may be possible to remove the screen & file the fixing holes for the screen. Try & get back whoever fitted it.

Yes you are right, I have just run the shower and it works perfectly well when i'm not in it ( and I'm only 9st!).

The wooden bath panels have not been fitted yet, is it possible to adjust the bath supports underneath a smidgeon or will that bugger up the bath sealant on the wall side?

Thanks for your help.

I dont think its a good idea to adjust the bath. The person who fitted the screen should be able to slot the fixing holes by about 2mm (using small round file) & your prob should be sorted. Or get down to 8st :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back