Shower thermostat problems

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Hello community,
Recently I bought a shower system with thermostatic mixer.
And I got a problem, thermostatic regulator gives only cold or hot water. I can feel transformation just for a second or so. As I start my research on the internet I notice that most common thermostat pictures show hot water on the left but my hot water is on the right.
Does this thermostatic problems can occur due misplaced hot water intake or faulty thermostat?
Regards.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The hot and cold have to be supplied to the correct ports on the mixer.

If the water coming out of the mixer is colder than the required temperature then the thermostat will further close the cold inlet and further open the hot inlet. With the connections reversed opening the hot inlet will allow more cold water through the mixer.

As what has already been well mentioned by :mrgreen:

First impressions :idea: its installed wrong or not compatible with the existing h/c water supply.

More visual info is required to give advice but for safety reasons please prohibit shower use till its installed correctly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back