Shower to be installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a Mira Excel shower over bathroom, with exposed mixer taps. It is being fed by a new Vokera Unica 28 Combi boiler (fully modulating).
The pressure and temperature coming from shower is okay, although I realise it will never be as good as a shower wih incorporated pump (as I do not have header tank).
I am now getting bathroom renovated and looking at fitting a new Mira Mode shower with 8" drench head (hidden thermostatic control valves, and stylish).
What I am concerned about is, due to it having an 8" drench head, will the spray from this new shower be a lot less "effective" than what I currently have installed at present?

Sponsored Links
This shower head is designed for a very high flow rate which your boiler won't support. Or rather it will support, but the water will only be luke warm :rolleyes:

You can certainly use it at the 10 or so l/min that your combi can supply, but you won't get the full effect that is intended from the head. At that sort of flow rate you may prefer a head that is designed to produce a more forceful spray, presumably similar to what you have now.

This shower head is designed for a very high flow rate which your boiler won't support. Or rather it will support, but the water will only be luke warm :rolleyes:

You can certainly use it at the 10 or so l/min that your combi can supply, but you won't get the full effect that is intended from the head. At that sort of flow rate you may prefer a head that is designed to produce a more forceful spray, presumably similar to what you have now.

Thank you for the quick response, this has been most helpful, I have now decided to go with a new Mira Excel BIR which has the smaller rose head similar to our current

Sponsored Links
I tried to look up what a standard flow rate would be through this head, but Mira don't seem to offer any data. I do know that these are more like standing in the rain than under a waterfall at 10l/min, but just how much is a really good drench? Your boiler can probably push about 12l/min most of the year, maybe less in winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back