Mira Excel BIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, bathroom installers were going to fit new Mira Mode shower (8" drench head) during bathroom renovations.
This would replace my Mira Excel shower (approx 8 years old)
I was a bit unsure as we only have a new Vokera Unica 28 combi boiler and I thought with the 8" head we would not get enough "spray effect", would be like standing under a rainfall.

This has already been confirmed by one of our colleagues on here.

I am now looking at the Mira Excel BIR (more up to date).
Has anyone any knowledge or experience of this shower?

Obviously want to ensure that the correct shower for the system I currently have (Vokera Unica 28 Combi, fully modulating) is suitable and adequate!!!
Oh for a loft tank and pump!!!!!!!!(if only)

Sponsored Links
Which Mira BIR, combiforce, discovery, gem,,,,,,,,,,,

What shower are you thinking of. Mira have several with BIR coding.

Sorry, I was thinking of going "once again" for the Excel, it would be a new Mira Excel BIR

Absolutely fine off a Vokera boiler.

Forget the BIR it means nothing, Mira are good showers anyof the lower priced Mira will suit.

Dont go digital ;)

Sponsored Links

Forget the BIR it means nothing, Mira are good showers anyof the lower priced Mira will suit.

Dont go digital ;)

BIR means alot,it tells you that it is a built in valve and as such comes with a fixed shower head.

Dont go digital ;)

BIR means alot,it tells you that it is a built in valve and as such comes with a fixed shower head.

I was under the impression that the abbreviation BIR was there to describe that the particular shower model was "built in" with fixed shower head? You have Mira BIR's (built in valve with built in fixed head)/Mira BIV's (built in valves with exposed head and pipework)/Mira EV's (exposed valves)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back