recomend me a shower mixer!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace a shower in the bathroom ( currently old Mira Excel ).

I made the mistake in the en-suite bathroom or plumbing in a 'cheap' shower that gives a diabolical flow rate ( a lot worst then the mira excell it replaced!)- and I don't want to make the same mistate again!

Any recomendations of showers that perfom well ( gravity feed hot + cold), without the £250 - £300 price tag of a new mira excel!

( exposed valve, and it needs to fit the exising connections)

Sponsored Links
Could try Grohe, they are on offer at Plumb Centre at the moment for around £150 I believe. You will need to check for compatability though before purchase just to make 100% certain ;)

Hazelb said:
I made the mistake in the en-suite bathroom or plumbing in a 'cheap' shower that gives a diabolical flow rate ( a lot worst then the mira excell it replaced!)- and I don't want to make the same mistate again!
Why didn't you (or don't you) service the Mira? :confused:

Any recomendations of showers that perfom well ( gravity feed hot + cold), without the £250 - £300 price tag of a new mira excel!
What's your budget?

( exposed valve, and it needs to fit the exising connections)
What's the distance between the centres of the existing connections?

What head of water do you have to the shower head?
What flow rate do you have at the shower valve inlets?

I would stick with the Mira and get it off ebay. That way you get a great shower at a cheaper price (I did a couple of weeks ago and saved about 40% off list price)

Sponsored Links
How can I 'service' the mira?

I may have to remove it anyway to tile behind it and thought that might be a good time for a replacement. ( old one about 15 yrs old).

I want a thermostatic mixer, budget is about £150

Centres on exiting one are 155- 160mm

Head of water is about 1m ( top of cold tank- top of showerhead )or 2m from top of tank to mixer valve.

Sorry don't know the flowrate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back