Recomend a shower for a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting a new bathroom into my extension, and as part of this i want a really good shower.
The boiler is a vaillant 837 so has a good DHW flow rate.

I assume its best to still to the likes of Bristan, Mira etc...?

Any particular recomendations?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I fitted an Aqualisa Quartz Thermo and it really did seem to be beautifully made (with excellent full colour stage by stage instructions). RRP is £411 but have seen it at £267 inc. vat

Where did you find it for that price? Seems very cheap.
I do like the idea of one of them, just wasnt sure how good they were.
Is the temp control consistant?

Thanks

tradingdepot.co.uk
http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/product/!!QZ3111!!/E001006/
Showers/Aqualisa%20Showers/Quartz%20Thermo/Quartz%20
Thermo%20concealed%20with%20adjustable%20height%20head

I have not bought one from there so it's not an endorsement but just was looking this morning as I have to do a shower for somebody.

Re: the one I fitted I have not used one, just fitted one. I was however very impressed with the quality of how it all fitted together and... well, quality often seems to speak for itself and that's how I felt about the shower. I also liked the fact that when I fitted it into the stud wall there was a huge margin of error for tile thickness (unlike the Mira Excel where I found myself sweating as the thickness of the wall after fitting it between the studs was more critical in order to finally slip the outer controls onto the cartridge).

I did ask the user of the shower and they just said "it's great - no probs".

Sponsored Links
i agree with aqualisa being a good investment. I have a standard aqualisa aquavalve, something like the 700, which is pretty reasonably priced. It was installed 5 years ago in my dads house, took it out in renovation, spent about 6 months rolling round the back of my van, cleaned it up, installed it, now looks and works like new. keeps stable temp with 30+ l/min excellent quality.

I've found a Grohe wirless one for the same kind of money as the aqualisa one now, so need to decide which is best, I think the Grohe has more control, seems like a good bit of kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back