Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 937 HE Storage Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about the user name...

We are needing to replace our Worcester 240RSF and i have been researching a replacement!

As we are planning a downstairs shower room DHW performance is the key. I have wondered about the new WB Greenstar 42CDi as it has 17 l/m flow rate or the Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 937 HE Storage Combi Boiler caught my eye as it boasts exceptional DHW performance! I suppose i need a boiler that will somehow get the best out of our 15 l.m mains pressure...

Just wondered if anyone had any tips or experience of fitting the new 937 Vaillant boiler -it looks like the 837 with a couple of storage tanks and the 837 sounds tricky to set up?

Sponsored Links
Better check water mains pressure and flow and gas installation pipework size first before purchasing either model.

cant get more out than you put in.

if you can only get 15 l/m then 15 l/m dhw is all that is going to come out( - what is lost thought the boiler) may get a few more litres with a pump(maybe).

Alpha do a Storage Combi Boiler as well, the Vaillant one looks silly in my view, like a fridge stuck to the wall.

Vaillant will be very good but as mehran says it is a monster on the wall! I think it is about 530mm deep off the wall. As you say it is actually just an 837 with two storage tanks, and it blends the water to make it go further.

837 is very easy to set up and commission don't know where you heard different. Any combi this size is going to need 28mm gas pipe work at least for any run of more than 3M ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback!

What i didnt mention was that we're also making a room above the garage! So the Combi needs to power 2 extra rads up there too! This makes the house into 4 bedrooms plus a down stairs shower room. The boiler would be sited in the garage so it could look like a fridge or a freezer hanging on the wall if it wants to! :LOL: It just needs to do the job and not leave someone short of water! Is this too much to ask for a humble combi or do i need to rethink all together? Maybe the Greenstar 42CDi could come to our aid!?

We've just fitted a couple of these.

Customers are both delighted, except one has developed an occasional banging when running HW. We suspect it might be a tap jumper but are going back to check.

We sell boilers and i would say hands down the Vaillant 937 over the Worcester 42cdi as its not got aluminum heat exchanger, it has a stainless steel heat exchanger.
You need to consider the bar coming into the property
and strong wall

I think you mean the flowrate, not the 'bar'.

Be advised that ecoTEC937 has a problem on it at the moment, causing intermittent failure of the hot water. Might want to wait until Vaillant have a fix.

If your looking for good HW performance and you have plenty of space, have you considered the option of Unvented hot water storage? You wouldn't need such a beast of a boiler and you would have immersion back up if the worst should happen. Just have to make sure you have suitable mains water supply for it, but it would be my choice. You could combine an ecotec system boiler(618 prob enough) and unistor cyl (155 or 180)

You need as least as much mains flow for an unvented as for a combi.

The advantage is that is the mains is better than 15 li/min the the unvented can give up to about 22 li/min.

Tony

If you could get a 22mm cold supply to an unvented cylinder then i would go down that route personally,just depends on where your stop tap is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back