Vaillant Ecotec Combi with actoSTOR

.What I would reccomend is a small unvented cylinder, with vaillant controls. Which means you could use a 615 (assuming 15kw is enough for the heating load) witch will switch between heating the cylinder and rads separately meaning you have the 15kw output focused fully on one or the other demand at once.

What we usually recommend, but a decent combi is often enough when you get down to brass tacks.

Sponsored Links
The actostor can only be used on the 937. Even though the boilers all have very similar components the main heat exchangers have a coding resistor telling the boiler what size it is. The pcb has a code programmed in telling it what boiler it is. So if you try to get an 831 heat exchanger to run an actostor the boiler definitely would like it and throw up all kinds of fault codes. Also I'm not aware that you can't buy the boiler and store separately as the dhw bits in the boiler are slightly different. The dhw flow sensor is on the store part and not in the boiler.

Personally I'd go for the 837 as it's a lot less complicated and both boilers have the same flow limiter fitted on the cold inlet. The store works by allowing the water to be hotter and then if a blending valve is fitted then it will give a flow rate of 20lts/min with a 35-40 degree temp rise

Just so you all know i've found the actoSTOR on a Czech site, perhaps in Europe they have a more open firmware on the Ecotec's. Be worth Vaillant making it an option if you think of the price of a combi and a seperate actoSTOR.

Sponsored Links
. Be worth Vaillant making it an option if you think of the price of a combi and a seperate actoSTOR.

If it was worth it they would have done it, not a very high demand here for it.

On the continent alot of the acostors are made to sit next to the boiler, rather than behind, small storage space/property prices here dont allow for many folk to have that extra space so there designed to mount behind the boiler,

quite sure its possible with enough messing about, but its not actually worth it to then run it on a smaler combi

The actostor can only be used on the 937. Even though the boilers all have very similar components the main heat exchangers have a coding resistor telling the boiler what size it is. The pcb has a code programmed in telling it what boiler it is. So if you try to get an 831 heat exchanger to run an actostor the boiler definitely would like it and throw up all kinds of fault codes. Also I'm not aware that you can't buy the boiler and store separately as the dhw bits in the boiler are slightly different. The dhw flow sensor is on the store part and not in the boiler.

Oh yes... I had the "fun" job of changing the flow sensor on the store once. What a git that was!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back