Which Vaillant Ecotec Plus???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am a first time poster but long time reader, now in need of some guidance. I have decided to go for a Vaillant Ecotec Plus (Combi Boiler) and don't know which one to go for. I have had some quotes and have had three different models suggested 824, 831 and the 837.

3 bed semi
1 bathroom, inc Mixer Shower
2 adults, 1 toddler.
10 radiators

I want the boiler to be as effiecient as possible but with a decent flow rate. Please can someone advise me which would be the best option for me?

Sponsored Links
Depends on your cold water static & dynamic pressure and the flow rate, the larger the water flow rate to the taps the larger the boiler should be, if everything is average at your property i'd go for the 831, the 837 would have more clout if your water flow rate is 14lt/min or greater! the 824 will not be adequate for your property and i guarantee that you would be dissapointed with the hot water temperature especially in winter! ;)

Are you talking about the incoming water pressure? If so I did have the incoming main replaced from lead to plastic and have been told the incoming water pressure is very good. What I'm worried about is buying a boiler that is too powerful for my requirements thus being inefficient.

Are you talking about the incoming water pressure? If so I did have the incoming main replaced from lead to plastic and have been told the incoming water pressure is very good. What I'm worried about is buying a boiler that is too powerful for my requirements thus being inefficient.

"Very good pressure" is not the defining aspect.

In fact the pressure will not have changed by replacing the supply pipe.

Its the dynamic flow rate that matters. xx litres per minute @ 1.0 Bar pressure!

Tony

Sponsored Links
A slightly oversized boiler will not be inefficient as modern pre-mix burners modulate the gas rate down to suit the load in essence you can turn a larger boiler down, but you can't turn a small one up beyond its max capacity! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back