Ecotec plus 824 cold water inlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ecotec plus 824 cold water inlet valve.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAILLANT...-INLET-VALVE-0020010295-ORIGINAL/332127725163

Mine's leaking into the fill hose. If I leave the hose connected and isolate at the other side it's usable temporarily but is not ideal.

I think the tiny bore in this valve is also restricting the hot water pressure at full flow.

I'd like to replace it with a straight coupling. (and put the fill loop elsewhere) There's already a full bore 22 mm ISO for the cold water feed before the boiler so it won't be a servicing issue.

Question is...what's the fitting on the boiler / can I even buy such a thing?

It's a flat face coupling of some description. About an inch in diameter. It's isn't a G1" (tried buying a G1" to 22 mm meter union from Screwfix - they're huge)

Else...has anybody removed an Ecotec 824/831/837 (or are they about to) and kept the HOT water outlet pipe / fitting rattling around in the van? Swap for beer tokens? That'd be perfect...

Thanks!

--
Marko

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back