Vaillant Ecotec pro 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I would like views on the new vaillant Ecotec pro 937 boiler. Has anybody had a chance to fit this boiler. Boiler having storage tanks incoporated at back. I am interested in this boiler because of its high output of hot water.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Have a job in a week to fit such a beast, if you can wait I'll let you know how it goes. It's new on the market so not many faults (yet?)

Can you let it run at 20 li/min and measure the in/out temperature and see how long it runs for and what happens when the store is depleted.

Tony

Agile said:
Can you let it run at 20 li/min and measure the in/out temperature and see how long it runs for and what happens when the store is depleted.

Tony
As far as I know Tony they dont. Thats the good thing about them.
They are not like the Worc Highflows that drop down to a **** poor rate. They do 20 l/min all the time.
Looks very good on paper!

Stan

Sponsored Links
They physically cannot continue to give 20 li/min at 35° rise unless its about 50 kW input power.

Tony

I know but thats what they are saying. Will have another read on the website.They say it will do 200 l in 10 mins at 43 deg

Does 15.2 l/min at 65 deg apparently. I think its because it works on the blending valve scenario. Like a thermal store I guess.

Stan

Its just a bog standard boiler producing 15.2 lites/min at delta 35. The 15 litre store just allows an initial higher water flow rate until the store is depleted. Confusing and unethical marketing makes the boiler appear better than it is. :rolleyes:

Nice boilers. Fitted two, got another two to fit in the next few weeks.

It's a bit like hanging a washing machine on the wall though and the tiny Vaillant hanging bracket always worries me. Comes in two parts so it's very easy to put up. 30 minutes to sort the various connections out between the two parts.

On initial starting, it's best to go away and have a coffee for ten minutes or so to let it sort itself out - don't chase the codes!

I'd have one in my home.

It is an 837 with a heat store attached to the back. Once the heatstore is exhausted it works like a 37Kw combi.

We have now fitted around 6 of these and have had 3 callbacks for water hammer (2) and spurious error codes (2). This is unacceptable and Vaillant have not had answers for either scenario. The F series error codes (one of which was not listed in the manual) resulted in Vaillant suggesting a reset.

The boiler is based on the non condensing aquaPLUS which we have found very reliable in service.

Gasguru said:
Its just a bog standard boiler producing 15.2 lites/min at delta 35. The 15 litre store just allows an initial higher water flow rate until the store is depleted. Confusing and unethical marketing makes the boiler appear better than it is. :rolleyes:

Doesn't work like that. The 15 litre store is actually 2 7.5 litre stores. The stored hot water is blended and not necessarily drawn from both tanks, depending on flow rate the boiler decides how much and what tank it comes from. Only if both tanks/store completely depletes are you left with the 15.2 l/pm flow rate.

See my previous reply to Tony's question in a previous post, below;

Tony, the 937 is rated to give 200 litres of 'blended hot water' @ 35C rise in 10 mins to be precise, then if actostor is used up will still give 15+ litres /min @ 65C.

The actostor recharges in 2 minutes.

It has a seperate storage loading pump that is fully modulating depending on flow of the hot demand and presumably set by the aquasensor that detects the flow via a paddle and hall effect sensor.

The 15 litre store is actually 2 x 7.5 litre tanks and from wha I can ascertain these are charged and depleted individually depending upon demand and flow rate. Being 15 litres it does not fall under the G3 regs either.

As already mentioned the drawback is its size and weight, but is still a lot smaller than a highflow and performance wise runs rings around it.

Of course as usual to get the full advantage of its benefits needs a proper site inspection and fitting and commissioning as to MI's, without this individual site performances will vary :roll

The fact remains that the boiler has a very small store of water (at high temperature) and once that is depleted you're back to a 15 l/min combi.

Considering the boiler is probably another £400 or £500 over a normal combi it gives a fairly small advantage. Add on the future cost of repairs (addittional pcb/pump etc) I think its way overpriced. For similar money you could probably just get a higher output combi from a better quality manufacturer.

From my understanding of the boiler the tanks are linked in series. The right hand tank ges topped up as the left hand tank is drianed. The blending valve is there to effectively increase the store of water to a high volume.

We (and I assume plenty of others) have been doing it for years.

gasguru wrote

The fact remains that the boiler has a very small store of water(at high temperature) and once that is depleted you're back to a 15 l/min combi.

If it pumps out 200/L in 10 minutes and recharges in 2 minutes it will not be reverting to 15l/min very often I would have thought.

Considering the boiler is probably another £400 or £500 over a normal combi it gives a fairly small advantage.

20/l min is a very good advantage .

Add on the future cost of repairs (addittional pcb/pump etc)

Irellevant point. You can add those costs unto most combi systems and I dont think an extra pump is going to give a lot of trouble.

I think its way overpriced.
For similar money you could probably just get a higher output combi from a better quality manufacturer.

And give 20l/min. I doubt it. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back