Vaillant EcoTec 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So......the Vaillant EcoTec 937.

Is it similar to a Heat Bank?

Whilst accepting that the 937 works as a standard combi in many ways, I understand that it has a pre-store of hot water water that it mixes with the output from the boiler itself. This is as opposed to a standard heat bank which transfers heat from a thermal store to the incoming mains water. Do I have this correct?

Final question.....could solar panels be linked to the 937 in the future? If so, where would the panels' heat be directed? To the two 7.5 litre stores?

Sponsored Links
No.

To store solar energy you need a large cylinder!

Tony

No.

To store solar energy you need a large cylinder!

Yup, thought so. You see, that's my only real concern about this system. It's just that as gas prices rise and solar becomes a more viable option (indeed it may even become essential to save on extortionate heating bills) then I'd like to have the option to retrofit.

Might have to go back to an unvented store.

Gas prices have to rise a lot ( double ) before solar becomes economically viable!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't forget also that the whole purpose of the new energy performance certificates being introduced to tenanted properties in October and possibly others soon after, is to charge you more in some sort of taxation next year for the less efficient your property is assessed to be.

In a typical (eg: not new-build to Part L) UK property the hot water gas bill accounts for just 10-15% of the total.

Therefore 85% of the gas goes towards space heating and solar gets you almost nowhere in this respect.

I can't understand the fascination with solar.

This said from someone who is quoting for a 3000 litre solar buffer store system at the moment ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back