Shower trap elbow vs straight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing a shower trap, and the one i have has a 45 elbow attachment on it. The route of my waste pipe is pretty much directly infront of the trap, so there's no need for any bends, can I use a straight outlet out of the trap to the pipe (with a drop)?

It seems most traps come with an elbow attachment as opposed to being straight, so I'm just wondering whether there's an advantage to having the 45 degree angle? Does it help with drainage or is it just there to encourage a drop while trap sits level with the shower tray? It just seems unnecessary for me to create a bend followed by another compensating bend in order to achieve the straight route i need.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The traps have the bent outlet to allow for adaptations to the waste pipe run, it also allows the shower waste run to be set at a constant fall so drainage/outflow from the tray is consistent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back