Shower trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new shower and trap through mail order. We have started to fit the trap, but it keeps leaking. We have tightened it as far as it will go (all joints are tight)- but it still leaks.
Any suggestions? (This is part of a complete new bathroom refurbishment)
Not sure if we should stick mastic round it - OR if it is the wrong size trap.

Sponsored Links
My husband says it is seeping through both the seals supplied. He wants to know if he can seal it, or if he needs to get another trap - and the wrong trap was supplied. At the moment he is supplying information to me - and I am interpreting. I know it is a 900 x 900 shower. It might be better when he is available on the computer - if you can't understand me.
But I am so very fed up with no bathroom!!!!!

you could seal it with either LS-X ( small tube from plumbers merchant) or Neutral Curing Silicone ( from builders merchant . NOT SANITARY Silicone - it doesnt stick properly to plastic :idea: . Put it over the washers supplied and tighten - leave to go off and cut off exess with a knife carefully.

Sponsored Links
................& if you ever have too remove that trap :rolleyes: ................fitted correctly they don't require ANY sealant..................bit like the guy who uses PTFE on compression fittings. :rolleyes: ........................them were the days when we used rolled , underhand , taft , knuckle , branch...................one for the oldies ;) gone are the days when plumbing was plumbing................ :mrgreen:

Thanks - but the Wickes catalogue does not show LS-X. Excuse my ignorance. is there another name?

Grateful for your help

Stick a small smear of clear silicone on it, use it all the time on everything, because they can leak when using the rubber/foam seals.

Since doing this, I never have those little annoying leaks after fitting.

Ime.

Maybe a confusion on my part..........i always use silicone when making waste fitting to shower/basin/sink.................never use it when fitting trap to waste outlet.

Nendels this trap you refer to, is it a combined trap and waste fitting for the shower tray?

well I was assuming a fancy top access shallow all in one vortex Chinese shower trap - and that it would be inacessible when fitted ;) But then I only paid £25 for a complete Jacuzzi ( brand ) shower tray complete - old stock from a merchant :LOL: Us pensioners have to sniff out the bargains- I might even travel down to D-Hailsham`s area and look @ the Garden Centre he mentioned . Could he tell me what they charge for T and coffee - I might have to take a flask :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back