Shower trap seal leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody,

First posting on forum, and I suspect it will not be the last.

Had a shower last night, and missus came up stairs screaming saying the water was leaking through the kitchen ceiling.

Had a look and the water was coming from under the shower tray, the joint, and since found it is called the trap.

I tightened it, and seal is still there, but when I ran the shower again, the water was still dripping from the trap seal underneath. Had a look and did a 'google' but apparently diferent sized 'traps' just to replace it (a novice).

So, question is, how can I stop the leak from the trap seal?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steven :D

Sponsored Links
If it is your first time doing traps I would not mess with it and renew it.

p1074648_l.jpg

£5 will sort it. :D

Hi Bahco,

Thank you for that,

Are they all the same size? I mean the hole size. Just had a look and it looks about 10-12 cm wide on the shower tray.

Would be great if they were, and would I be right in thinking b&q would sell them? and somebody with zero experience in diy could install it. Looks easy enough, just unscrew and re-screw new one on, it if fits.

Thanks again

Steven

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back