Fast Flow Shower Trap

Fair enough, cockycockatiel, I see where you're coming from, but you did write this:

You see this 'removeable' innertube that Bomberc refers to must sit (or seat) in something else,and indeed it does.
You may assert that I've taken it out of context, but I don't think I've warped or lost any meaning in doing so.

The point here is that you misled me, and possible other people, with the words "and indeed it does", i.e. a reference to BomberC's trap.

Sponsored Links
Here`s my 2p` worth :LOL: I think the problem`s likely to be in the "trap" because it sounds like a French :evil: wide bodied bucket type thing :rolleyes: and I reckon it`s like their horrible shower cubicles that are sneaking onto the market....might work over there but don`t like our plumbing ........but then I might just be a paranoid xenophobe

Hi Dan,
Just exercising my right to reply, I do hope this is better for you, but if not, please don't tell me, I'm completely uninterested; keep it to yourself;their are too many smart a***s regularly starting ''off trackers'' as it is thankyou very much.

The WHOLE post was ironic, attempting to lambaste the futility of starting nasty arguments, being over picky and finnicky, (I can think of a present example : ''i'' is used in capitals: ''I'').....completely unhelpful and way off of track in a message board on plumbing specifics....You can go to college for english lessons,but please; NOT ON THESE BOARDS;stick to plumbing and the like.

You will obviously see my point here; that if somebody starts an argument in a malevolent fashion, even if it's completely off of track, then the other person is fairly surely going to reply, aren't they? And then we all end up going round and round and round and...............pointless, but it's going to happen if somebody starts it, isn't it?

But since we're here anyway,and before I go,let's just touch on your criticism:
Parenthesis does absolutely come in pairs,as in my post if you re-read it, so please make sure you are correct in future before making criticism (remember the kettle and the pot you speak of?) And on that subject, ok; let's just be 'picky' about your statement then:
'Not perfect I grant, but when you are calling a kettle black, ensure you are a copper pot.'........not perfect hey? Then surely your not the proverbial 'copper pot' in this instance are you???? please take your own advice before 'dishing' it out to others.

On a final and more upbeat note; one thing I did find helpful in your comments was the 'carriage return' thing. I'd been wondering why my new paragraphs havn't started a third of the page in as when I write them, and then suddenly bunch up when I post them! So thanks for that Dan.

kind regards . . . . COCKYCOCKATIEL

p.s. Of course I'm not really having a go, - just having the the obligatory 'bite back' you might say. I'm sure you understand.Now lets get back to plumbing pleeeeeeeeeeeeease !

Dear SOFTUS,
A great reply, helpful, and 'bang' on track. I appreciate your comments and understand what your saying. Please accept my apologies for misleading you. I assure you this was not my intention.And of course apologies to any others misled on this point.I'll try to be clearer next time.

kind regards . . . . . . COCKYCOCKATIEL

Sponsored Links
Stivino said:
Dan, didn't you forget a full stop goes at the end of a sentence?

No. I was waiting for the somoene to state the obvious...

Just remember my tongue is seldom out of my cheek; and that is more through lack of opportunity than choice!

cockycockatiel... loved it mate.. Not sure how correct it was ;) but please, if you are going to use hyphenated words -spell them correctly!!

JUST JOKING!!!!

Anyway, I have a mixed feeling about Softus' posts; they do have a horrid habit of being correct. But, as my great father does say "more by luck than judgment”. I was having a semi-drunken moment of clarity at the time. Pedantism has a funny habit of showing itself with ones’ peak of ineloquence.

Still the HMRC got a shafting today so god bless the world and the law lords!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back