Hi Flow Shower Traps?

24 Jun 2009
Reaction score
West Midlands
United Kingdom

I have a shower that will be connecting directly to an underground drain, on a vented stack.

Its a slimline tray, so I need a 90mm hi-flow, but do I need a deep seal trap as well or a bottle trap?

The one in the link..

says a 50mm water seal but I can not see how any seal is made in this one?

I guess I am misunderstanding the situation as 50mm of water cannot remain in this trap after the shower has finished? And I assumed the point was to trap water like a U-section of pipe?
Sponsored Links
can not see how any seal is made in this one?
If you check the technical drawingfor the McAlpine ST90CB-70 http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/tra...1-189-90mm-shower-trap-improved-cp-brass.html you'll see 2 "pipes" that go in the centre of the trap. They create the 50mm trap. Water goes down the inner pipe, up and over the outer, larger "pipe", (it's probably more of a cup where the actual water trap is formed) then overflows into the outer shell of the trap and to the outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links