Shower Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of installing a new shower.
I have fitted a plastic shower tray onto a wooden plinth.

Can I fit the trap so that it 'clamps' both the tray and the 3/4" top of the plinth, or do I need to cut a hole large enough in the plinth so that the trap sits up against the underside of the tray.

The trouble is that the top of the plinth is 3/4" and may become difficult to fit waste pipework to afterwards, or will it leak using option 1?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have no choice - you must cut a hole in the deck, make sure it's big enough for the face of the trap to connect to the shower waste, not justy the size of the hole in the tray

Thanks - just couldnt get my head round it :confused:

Trouble is that the fitting for the waste pipe off the trap is only about 1/2" below the surface of the trap, therefore the 3/4" plinth is too thick.

Whats the difference between a bottle trap and a shower trap. The bottle trap looks better suited?

Sponsored Links
Coogie said:
Thanks - just couldnt get my head round it :confused:

Trouble is that the fitting for the waste pipe off the trap is only about 1/2" below the surface of the trap, therefore the 3/4" plinth is too thick.

Whats the difference between a bottle trap and a shower trap. The bottle trap looks better suited?
shower trap is accesible from inside the tray.handy when youre pulling out the hair and body fluid mix :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back