shower tray base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey if raising a shower tray with 4x2 wood and plywood on top what thickness plywood is required? Is for a 1200 by 800 quadrant.

Sponsored Links
Always Marine ply for bathrooms. You will regret not having paid the extra for it when you have to replace it a few years down the line after a small leak ;)

Sponsored Links
I reckon WBP is fine, If you have a problem that is bad enough to cause WBP to delaminate , then that will be the least of your problems.

I've got untreated WBP that's been out in the garden exposed to all weathers for about 5 years and it's fine.

As to the OP's question, I used 18mm

As Galoka says, WBP will probably be ok, just seal the cut ends with a good poly varnish to avoid any deterioration
Marine ply is pricier but for structural use and water resistance over time, it would be the best belt and braces approach IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back