Shower tray perishing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help with this please?

I have orange staining on my Just Trays fusion shower tray. It does not wipe off easily and on closer inspection the tray looks kind of perished in that area.

I think the orange staining is likely the iron in the hard water in the area, my concern is more about it not wiping off.

My wife thinks it may be because of the use of Viakal, but I used Viakal to clean the shower door and I (thought I) rinsed it off… not sure how that gives me a ring of damage in the centre of the tray.

There is another smaller stain / perishing area near the waste now.

I have asked Just Trays to comment but I don’t really want them to send another tray, the current one is tiled in so it would be a lot of hassle to change.

Any thoughts or ideas gratefully received…

Cheers
Gavin

Attachments

• B97F2F6A-9922-44EA-A278-1606C8C8BA7A.jpeg
    B97F2F6A-9922-44EA-A278-1606C8C8BA7A.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 63
  • 682F88C5-118B-49F4-8227-99E9CC404ADE.jpeg
    682F88C5-118B-49F4-8227-99E9CC404ADE.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Could do but it would be handy to know what had happened, I wouldn’t want more of these patches to appear after having plastic doctor out or whoever. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Anything harsher than viakal? Have you tried Viakal technical helpline or website?

Nothing harsher than Viakal. Good idea, I'll try ringing them and seeing what they say. Also waiting to hear from tray manufacturer.

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back