shower tray slow to drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,,,, can everyone help ... i have a shower that has been been draining very well since installed ,,, but lately it has been so slow to drain,,, i have tried "one shot" but not a big difference,,, any ideas people???
#
many thanks

aidsy

Sponsored Links
Put some caustic soda crystals in it and leave. The pour some boiling
water down in after about 30 minutes.
Works like magic.

thanks for speedy reply... i shall try it tommow and report back... i guess its hairs or something .. but these shower traps have no access..

thanks#]#]

keep u informed

Put some caustic soda crystals in it and leave. The pour some boiling
water down in after about 30 minutes.
Works like magic.

It does work, but pouring boiling water on caustic soda might just take your face off if there are undissolved crystals.
When caustic soda dissolves, heat is produced. If the water is near boiling, this heat will re-boil the water, causing a minor explosion of highly corrosive alkali which can cause severe burns.

Sponsored Links
not being funny but you can pour as much chemical as you like down there if the plumbing is not right.
then its not going to drain.... try to see what the fall is like on the pipework

ive seen baths showers where the pipework rises many times...

hi ljrgas
i know where u r comming from but it has been draining well from install, just has been slow in the last few weeks i am trying the costic soda with warm water as we speek.... but any other comments are welcome

thanks

I had a similar problem with my shower recently. It's just caused by the build-up of soap residue in the waste.

Cured mine with a dose of Sainbury's own drain cleaner, it's nice and gloopy so sits in the trap and flows slowly into the waste. Then a flush with hot water from the shower (mine is a flexible hose so was able to point it directly at the waste) and it cleared perfectly.

Found that to be better than the 'foaming' type of cleaner which was useless on mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back