Shower tray waste query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help.

I am fitting a quadrant shower tray (the type with adjustable feet) in a down stairs shower room which has a concrete floor. A 110mm drainage pipe has been put into the floor and it comes up verticaly out of the floor directly below the drainage hole for the shower tray.

So the question is what waste and trap is needed for this arrangement, and how are they fitted. It may well be an easy answer, but all the posts on here seem to be for using the 40mm pipe and creating a big enough fall etc etc

Thankyou for any help.

Sponsored Links
your going to have to come off your shower trap in 40mm what ever
befor connecting to the 110mm.

have you any pics.

it's easy enough to convert 110mm to 40mm.

I haven't any pictures at the moment, but I should be able to get one. But the 110mm pipe comes straight up out of the floor, and the hole in the shower tray is directly above this (so water going down the hole in the shower tray will flow directly into the 110mm pipe and off to the drain. Just need to work out how to fit a trap in between).

wouldn't say you have any hopes of doing it if its direct above the soil pipe.

shower traps the 40mm useally comes out the side of the trap then you can direct the 40mm pipework downwards etc.

be ok if the 110mm sat offset to the shower waste hole.
don't useally get that much gap under a shower trap once fitted.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I agree it would be okay if the soil pipe was offset. There seems to be a choice if I was doing a wetroom, but not for shower trays.

Having spending a long time searching the web it seems to me that Dallmer do a vertical draining trap which looks like what I want.

http://www.dallmer.de/english/produkte/datenblatt.php?id=150219

But I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. Does anyone know who stocks Dallmer products?

you could also use a Hepv0 without the knuckle adpater, however it sounds like it would be too long for it to work in your situation

Well unless I can get hold of one of the vertical draining traps it looks like I will have to go out with one of the standard horizontal draing traps, then do a 180degree turn to come back over the soil pipe. I think I will have to raise the tray on a plinth anyway, so making the plinth a little higher to make room for this should be okay. At least that would mean I would have some access to the trap area then just incase there are any future problems. But I would then need to find something decorative for the front of the plinth, which may also be a little more tricky as it is a quadrant shower.

HI there,

Solution for the plinth is easy, get some pvcu fascia board, its thin so you can easliy form round the curve.

Rico

Problem solved!!!!

Incase anyone is interested (maybe needs something similar in the furture) I found what I was looking for at B&Q. It was a multidirectional shower waste with a 50mm water seal. The outlet can be turned to either horizontal or vertical drainage (I suppose as there is an extra seal on something that rotates, there is an extra point that could leak in the future). It also has top access for cleaning. They had them for either 50 or 90mm waste in the shower tray, and compression or solvent weld outlet. Cost about £23, so not too bad.

Made by Wirquin.

http://www.wirquin.com/FICHES PDTS GB/VIDAGES/JAMES.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back