shower tray

I do appreciate your help on this, but:

The tray has two partial open sides and two full sides, the top of the tray above the full sides there is a raised lip (but not a lip to overlap with tiles)and on top of the open sides there is no lip just a flat surface.

I was going to, using the base fit the open sides of the tray against the corner walls and cut a hole in the baseboard for the Trap and access the plumbing through the open ends of the base.

But now as you say that this type of should tray sit on the floor. Which way round would you suggest the tray should be fitted against the corner walls and how to fit a trap in such a confine space of 60mm where the Marley trap I have is 80mm deep.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
utterlydiy said:
I do appreciate your help on this, but:

I would fit the closed sides against the walls.
The upstand (aka lip) is intended to go behind tiles - you have the option of rebating the wall to accept the upstand, but only if this doesn't cause the enclosure, when you install it, to move to the edge of the tray.

I wouldn't cut any part of the tray because that will make it less rigid.

You have options with the trap:

1. Use a trap with a shallower water seal.

2. Cut the flooring to accept the bottom part of the 80mm trap.

3. Use no trap at all, but instead use a HepVO.

if you look on a site called plumbworld(www.plumbworld.co.uk/316-0000) there is a tray like yours. if you look at the page for the tray there is a video on fitting the thing too.

I've sent a email to the supplier about this query, but as yet had no reply.

The lip that is on top of the tray is more of a radius bump than a ledge which you see for tiling over.

What I'm trying to find out, should the lip be on the outside around the shower door and fixed panel edge to prevent a dribble flowing over the edge or against the tiles.

Because there is no seal to sit the fixed panel on top of the tray or seal for the closed door on the tray.

The more I think about this the more I think the lip/radius is to prevent any run of water off the door or fixed panel going over the edge onto the floor. By measuring the panels etc., they mount on the inside of this lip/radius. ????????????

Sponsored Links
I've had a reply from the supllier and I was right. :D

The lip is on the outside of the fitted tray and where there is a lip as I said. The door and fixed panel are raised sufficent to clear the lip. But as they are on the inside of the lip the water will run back into the tray.

Thanks for your Help, hope this of some help if anyone has to fit a tray like this. This is not to be confused as with some trays there is a thin ledge/lip which does go up behind the tiles right on the very edge of the tray.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back